Okay, last year I missed the deadline for signing up for this challenge, but not this year. Jane Austen has always been one of my favorite authors, along with the Bronte sisters. Life was so much slower back then, we weren't running here and there, like little hamsters in a wheel. So in honor of Miss Austen, these are the 6 activities I've chosen. I'm excluding re-reading her books, since I pretty much do that on a regular basis, and watching Pride and Prejudice (2005 version) for the umpteenth time (it resides in my DVD player somewhat permanently).
1. Finish The Sampler Girl's "Northanger Abbey" cross stitch sampler
2. Net or knot a small reticule, embroidered with the flowers Jane used in her cross stitch sampler. Perhaps a crocheted purse with silk (I don't knit)
3. Refinish & paint a small 3x3ft table. My plans are to decoupage the center portion and surround that square with gold and white flourishes.
4. Finish reading "Lost in Austen"
5. Read "The Private Diary of Mr. Darcy"
6. Create a cloth & clay Jane Austen doll to sit beside her sewing basket
I'm really new and inept at this blogging deal. Something new to learn, I suppose. Will a spiffy blog help me become "accomplished"?