Saturday, August 6, 2011

Smudgefest 2011 - Day Five

This is Day Five of Smudgefest 2011, put on by Smeared Ink. Awesome prizes can be had by completing the daily challenges. All the details of the challenges are found at the Smudgy Antics blog. Today's challenge was Flowing Friday, in which we were to use liquids i.e. inks, watercolors, watered down acrylics, glues to create a project.




For my tag, I took several colors of Distress Ink smooshed on my craft sheet, spritzed with water and created the background. Found the technique in Lord Tim Holtz's "Compendium of Curiosities" which is the bestest book ever! Then I took one of Smeared Ink's "Jack" rubber stamps, stamped with India Ink Black on watercolor paper, colored it with Derwent's Inktense Pencils using my waterbrush. I wanted it sort of subtle. I also used Rock Candy Stickles & amped it up with glittah where Jack's bells are dangling from his jester's hat. I stamped the senti (also from the "Jack" set on vellum and embossed it. I made another little flower from coffee filters spritzed with a concoction of Peeled Paint Distress Ink & various colors of Perfect Pearls in a Mini Mister bottle. Adhered Jack using foam squares. Added various ribbons & mini ric-rac.

Whew! Only 2 days left for the challenges. I, like everyone else, want to win the big prize sooooooooo badly. Nonetheless, this has been a lot of fun, and a great distraction from crap here in Happy Valley, Utah. Tomorrow I'll be posting another project I'm working on - Manga! My DD thinks I'm so weird, if she only knew... Goodnite all!

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous backing and this is such a beautiful tag but that Jack really freaks me out.... scary little sod !!!
    Hugz
    Ike xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane... You rocked this one! I need to get that book by Tim Holtz! I would love to learn to use my Distress Inks more than just for stamping and sponging!!!! Way To Go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv your tag backing is great
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. DK, this tag is TAGAREFFIC!! really wonderful!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag, beautifull colours :)

    Fiona. x

    ReplyDelete

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE - ARE YOU READY?????

Get A Kit,    Make A Plan, Be Prepared. emergency.cdc.gov

Cloth & Clay Dolls Group

Smeared Ink

Smeared & Smudged Forum

Smeared Ink

Milliande Art Community

Studio L3

Viva Las Vegas Stamps - Check them out!

Visit and share your own cranial love

Simply Betty Stamps

My Pet Zombie