Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Debut as a DT member for Smeared Ink

Good morning all, Today is my first offering as a member of the DT. First of all, I was so excited to have been chosen to join their design team. Those ladies know how to rock their stamping world. When I found out I just kept singing the Pointer Sisters "I'm so excited" in my head and sometimes aloud . I'm very, very grateful.

So here it is, my first project:





I made the background on the dominos with alcohol inks and wanted it to look like blood. Mr. Poe is the Master of the Macabre, after all. I then used my absolute fave stamp set "Quoth the Raven" from Smeared Ink, using Staz-on in black. It was strung together using stretchy cord and various beads from my collection. This was a learning experience on the properties of alcohol inks, lessons I'd learned before but had forgotten. I'm going to try a different ink next time for the images, perhaps Ranger's Archival or some Decor-it just to see what happens.

I'll be back after I get a little sleep to post a better picture and another project just finished. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cool. I love the colors...so dark and edgy. Congrats on making the DT.

    ReplyDelete

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE - ARE YOU READY?????

Get A Kit,    Make A Plan, Be Prepared. emergency.cdc.gov

Cloth & Clay Dolls Group

Smeared Ink

Smeared & Smudged Forum

Smeared Ink

Milliande Art Community

Studio L3

Viva Las Vegas Stamps - Check them out!

Visit and share your own cranial love

Simply Betty Stamps

My Pet Zombie