Sunday, September 18, 2011

Saturday with Poe, part deux

With Halloween fast approaching I'm adding to my Poe tribute collection of projects. When I was on the Smeared Ink Design Team, I started doing a sporadic Saturday with Poe and I've decided to continue on spending my Saturdays with him. This week the theme on the Smudgy Antics challenge blog is to use paint, messy & fun!




I flipped over a 10x10in canvas to use the wood as a frame & painted it black. The piece of pp in the center is from the "Street Lace" collection by Die Cuts with a View. I've distressed the edges with Pumice & Black Soot Distress Inks. I then stamped a verse from "The Raven" as well as a raven from Smeared Ink's "Quoth the Raven" rubber stamp set (my favorite set of theirs!) I also used some ephemera from a Joggles image sheet I had. I also used a Dusty Attic candlestick embossed w/Platinum UTEE and a couple of DA ravens painted black & embossed w/clear UTEE. The POE letters are from Making Memories.

5 comments:

  1. Okay like wow this so rocks! I am loving your Poe! I ordered that Poe set a while back from Smeared Ink. It still has not come in. But seeing your wonderful art work has inspired me even more to want to play w/ Poe! I now cant wait LOL. But really love, love, love your project!!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cool. i love it. i'm gonna have to grab that set too. thanks for sharing
    MaRyKay
    kemperneck70@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    Thanks to Anna’s great Practical Magic blog party website I know that you are taking part in the event. I have pondered how to participate and thought it would be neat to post anonymously people’s thoughts and/or secrets regarding the movie. Sites which inspired me are:

    Post Secret
    Walt Disney Confessions

    Those thoughts or secrets could e.g. be “I have already watched the movie 1,000 times,” “I wish I had a sister like Gilly,” “The aunts’ house is my dream house,” “I have dreamt about Jimmy” etc. Anything which comes to your mind when you think of “Practical Magic.”

    If you feel like helping me out, be sure to send me your thought/secret as soon as possible at swappinghowdies@yahoo.de. Of course, I handle each “confession” anonymously. And – please nothing x-rated!

    Greetings from Germany,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this! One of the first poems I remember having read to me as a kid was The Raven, so I've always loved Poe.:)

    ReplyDelete