Thursday, May 17, 2012

Confessions Smeared in Ink - May Member Blog Hop

Welcome to Smeared & Smudged Forum's May Member Blog Hop. Our theme this month is "Confessions Smeared in Ink" where we were to confess something that our Mom's didn't know that we'd done. My own Mom knew all of my secrets & of my escapades in the past when I was young. Maybe not the details, but I was pretty much an open book to her, as she was much more than just my mother, she was my best friend, dating buddy (now that was weird - going on a double date with your mom ), travel companion, confidant. She passed away 9 long years ago. Rather than going with something that could potentially put me in the slammer, I went with something a little more mischievious & tame. She'd started working outside the home when I was about 8 or 9. I was a smart kid, pretty much bored at school, so I remember many times I'd stay home from school & just watch tv all day. She didn't know, I forged an excuse the next day. Or I'd get up at 2 or 3 in the morning, get myself a bowl of ice cream & watch tv. I LOVED those old movies they'd play in the middle of the night & I'd already gotten 6 hours of sleep (we had to be in bed by 8:00pm, with the lights out, until I was in middle school.


The base is a piece of 8X8 paper from DCWV's "Street Lace" pack, topped with a piece of Bazill CS that I deckled edged and aged w/Distress Inks. Back then, we only had about 4 channels and they were in black & white. So, I decided to keep the page fairly monochromatic. I stamped all the images in Black Staz-on, aging with Distress Inks. The images I used were from Smeared Ink's "Chicks Dig Guns" ( the tall flapper), the Wicked Witch of the East's feet were from Graphic 45's & Hampton Art's "Oz", the remainder were from Graphic 45 & Hampton Art's "Curtain Call" collection. I also used a piece from Curtain Call, some black webbing, and the letters T & V were grungeboard from Tim Holtz, to which I added a coat of Rock Candy Crackle Paint, swiped with Picket Fence Distress Stain, & various colors of Distress Inks. Some of the images were Pop Dotted, as well

Hope you enjoy the hop! My apologies for being late (I will be late to my own funeral someday). The blog list is to your right -------> I'm also entering this into Studio L3's Compendium of Curiosities vol 2 #5 challenge (the shattered Distress Stains). Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

  1. I love it in the neutrals. Fab job! Glad you were able to get it in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I love how you used just a few colors on this. very awesome indeed. Thats awesome also that you had such a close relationship with your mother. I'm sure alot of us would love to have had that with our mom's. I know I would have. I too didnt like going to school much but I was never lucky enough to skip much. Mom scared me too uch to try that one. ahahah shoot I got my butt whooped till I was out of high school. thanks for sharing your confession and fab project

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story and a wonderful project to go with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours Dianne... lovely project.
    I envy you the closeness you had with you mum...i am sorry she has passed on. One of my girls watches tv at 3am.So glad you hopped with us....i love seeing your work and miss you when you're MIA. Keep safe much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dianne,
    Very clever project! You got all the elements you talked about on there. And all of those companies that you used to make your project are some of my faves! I am happy to hear that you and your mom were close. My mom and I are very close also. I am truly sorry for your loss. I live w/ my mom and when it's her time I will probable end up in a straight jacket, really. Anyways great project and great story!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun story! Love the project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation Dianne. Love the images and the B/W was inspired. You were lucky to have had such a close relationship with your MuM. :-) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your creation, you used so many cool images, fab job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Dianne fantastic work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kewl!!! love the images you have used......FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation as always! I love the duotone look of it. I too have a close relationship with my mom so it was tough coming up with something she didn't already know! So glad you were able to play along!

    :)tOri

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would skip school and forge notes too! Heck, my mom would have me forge my dad's signature on stuff because I was so good at it! Great depiction of your confession! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great creation Diane, lovely, great details- images

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great piece and a great story, too! Thanks so much for joining the CC2 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE - ARE YOU READY?????

Get A Kit,    Make A Plan, Be Prepared. emergency.cdc.gov

Cloth & Clay Dolls Group

Smeared Ink

Smeared & Smudged Forum

Smeared Ink

Milliande Art Community

Studio L3

Viva Las Vegas Stamps - Check them out!

Visit and share your own cranial love

Simply Betty Stamps

My Pet Zombie